Cobalt chrome (CoCrW) alloy is used in particularly demanding industrial environments and in medical applications. It is commonly used in gas turbines, dental implants and orthopedic implants.
Cobalt chrome has a very high specific strength and a strong corrosion and wear resistance. It’s also very resistant to heat and stands out for its high tensile strength. A combination of a low yield point, relatively good elongation, and high tensile strength means that as the strain increases the metal warps easily but will warp relatively a lot until it breaks. Cobalt-chrome is semi-hard, stiff and strong material that takes shape relatively easy. Typical applications are fully functional end products.
- Aerospace industry
- Medical appliances e.g. dental and other implants
- Pressurized items
- Replacing casted items
A cobalt chrome alloy remanium® star CL is designed spesifically for dental applications:
- DIN EN ISO 9693 / DIN EN ISO 22674, Typ 5
- Certified alloy (CE 0483)
- Meets the requirements of ASTM standards
- Range of application: Crowns and bridges, frames for metal ceramic veneering, removable partials, primary and secondary parts of combined restorations
Read more about our services for dental professionals.